Micro-Lok HP fiberglass pipe insulation is a high-performance insulation made from rotary glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin and produced in 36" lengths. Micro-Lok HP insulation is used to insulate standard iron pipe, plastic pipe and copper tubing. The 3' sections are available plain or with a factory-applied vapor-barrier jacket. The All-Service (ASJ) vapor-retarder jacket includes a longitudinal, self-sealing closure lap. The jacket system is adhered to each fiberglass section using a specially formulated adhesive to ensure jacket securement. The factory-installed tape system permits installation at ambient temperatures down to 20°F and will not soften or separate when exposed to high ambient temperatures and humidity.
Micro-Lok HP fiberglass pipe insulation is suitable for installation over hot, cold, concealed and exposed piping systems with operating temperatures up to 850°F. Weather-protective jacketing is required for outdoor applications. Pipes operating below ambient temperatures require all joints to be sealed withthe factory-applied, self-seal lap and butt strips.
Service Temp. Range (ASTM C411) 0°F to 850°F
Moisture Sorption <5% by weight
Alkalinity <0.6% expressed as Na2O
Corrosivity (ASTM C665) Does not accelerate
Capillarity Negligible (after 24 hours)
Shrinkage (ASTM C356) None
Microbial Growth (ASTM C1338) Does not promote microbial growth
Characteristics Composite FHC 25/50 per ASTM E84,
NFPA 255, CAN/ULC S102.2
Limited Combustibility NFPA 90A and 90B
Jacketing ASTM C1136 (Type I)
Water Vapor Permeance
(ASTM E96 – Procedure A)
0.02 perms max.
Burst Strength (ASTM D774) 55 lbs/in2 (4.6 Kg/cm2)
Tensile Strength (ASTM D828) 45 lbs./in. (7.9N/mm) width min. (MD)
30 lbs./in. (5.23N/mm) width min. (CD)
• ASTM C547 Type I (Replaces HH-I-558B, Form D, Type III, Class 12, Class 13
up to 850°F [454°C])
• ASTM C585 – Dimension Standard
• ASTM C1136 (Jacketing) (Replaces HH-B-100B, Type I & II)
• MIL-I-22344D, MIL-PRF-22344E
• Coast Guard/IMO Approved 164.109/56/0 (plain, unjacketed only – excluding
7/8 x ½ [22 mm x 13 mm], ½ x ½ [13 mm x 13 mm])
• MEA compliant
• California Bureau of Home Furnishings and Thermal Insulation – Registry
Number CA-T040 (CO)
• Firestop Assemblies: Meets requirement for jacketed fiberglass pipe
insulation product density at or above 3.5 pcf.
• ASTM E84, CAN ULC S102.2 – 25/50 listed and labeled Intertek testing
• NRC 1.36, ASTM C795, MIL-I-24244C, MIL-DTL-24244D