STANDARDS & SPECIFICATIONS:
MetroFlex Sound SealR Acoustic Sound Blocking Sealant has been teste and passed the following requirements:
- Meets ASTM-C834
- Tested to ASTM-E90
- Maintains 52 STC
- Complies with IBC Sections:
- 1207.2, 710.6, 710.7, 402.4.1
- EcoSeal Standards
- LEED 2009 (EQ Credit 4.1) 1 point
- NAHB Green Guidelines: 5 G.I. Points
- Complies to: SCAQMD Rule #1168
- OTC-Ozone Trans Com
1. Clean debris and dry desired area.
2. Cut nozzle to allow recommended 3/8" bead.
3. Apply sealant on the underside of all runners at the ceiling and floor prior to the installation of drywall, the outer edge perimeter joints, cut-outs, and utility penetrations to ensure the required STC is acheived or maintained.
4. Apply bead of sealant at joints of two pieces of Mass Loaded Vinyl if landing on the stud. If joint falls within the wall cavity apply bead between the overlap layer as well as the seam. Use of MetroFlex SealR Tape is also recommended to create the most air tight seal.